TV and Radio Advertising Works with SEO
TV and Radio advertising is far from being the worst way to spread your business’ name. In fact – TV and Radio advertising has gotten better and more in depth since the internet has become so popular. When you – the consumer – watch or hear an advertisement the typical response is to search for it in Google. Now you’ve just expanded your reach! TV and Radio advertising is a powerful way to bring your message to consumers but without careful consideration to ad buying your campaign could easily miss the mark. Let REAL Moxie LLC help you!
TV and Radio advertising has come a long way in the age of streaming platforms, podcasts, and social videos. TV and Radio advertising can indirectly benefit SEO by increasing brand awareness and website traffic. When people see or hear a TV or radio ad, they may become curious and search for the advertised product or service online. This increased search volume can lead to more website visits, which can ultimately improve search engine rankings over time. Additionally, TV and radio advertising can generate backlinks to a website if they are shared on other websites or social media platforms. Backlinks are links from other websites that point to a particular site and are a crucial ranking factor in SEO. The more high-quality backlinks a website has, the more likely it is to rank well on search engines.
The top spender in TV and Radio advertising is still the retail industry. With the introduction of eCommerce retailers like Amazon, the percentage of TV ad spend has made a significant jump. Consider how many ads you have seen recently for Amazon, Chewy, Instacart, Imperfect Foods, Door Dash, financial planners, or lawyers, and it is easy to conclude that TV advertising is essential in marketing. TV and radio advertising can be powerful tools for reaching a large audience, but they require careful planning and execution to be effective. Here are some tips on how to use TV and radio advertising to your advantage:
- Define your target audience – Before launching a TV or radio campaign, it’s essential to define your target audience. This includes understanding their demographics, interests, and behaviors. This will help you create a message that resonates with them and choose the right TV or radio stations to reach them.
- Choose the right TV or radio stations – Once you know your target audience, research the TV or radio stations they are likely to watch or listen to. Choose stations that have a high listenership or viewership among your target audience.
- Create a compelling message – Your ad should have a clear message that resonates with your target audience. Keep it simple, memorable, and attention-grabbing.
- Use visuals and sound effectively – In TV advertising, use visuals that complement your message and sound that enhances the emotional impact of your message. In radio advertising, use sound effects and music that capture attention and create an emotional connection.
- Monitor and measure your results – Track the effectiveness of your TV and radio campaigns by monitoring metrics such as website traffic, phone calls, and sales. Use this data to adjust your messaging and targeting for future campaigns.
OTT (over the top) advertising refers to the delivery of video content over the internet, bypassing traditional broadcast and cable TV providers. OTT platforms include services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and others. OTT advertising allows advertisers to target specific audiences with greater precision than traditional TV advertising. Unlike traditional TV ads, which are broadcast to a wide audience, OTT ads are delivered to individuals based on their viewing habits, demographics, and other targeting criteria. This makes OTT advertising more efficient and cost-effective than traditional TV advertising. Compared to traditional TV advertising, streaming ads are more targeted, measurable, and interactive. Streaming ads can be tailored to specific audiences, and advertisers can track ad performance in real-time. Additionally, streaming ads can be interactive, allowing viewers to engage with the ad and act. Traditional TV advertising, on the other hand, is delivered through broadcast and cable TV networks. While traditional TV advertising can still reach a wide audience, it lacks the targeting and measurement capabilities of OTT advertising. Traditional TV advertising is also more expensive than OTT advertising, as it requires the purchase of airtime on TV networks.
Many of those who think TV and Radio advertising is dead, do so because they fail to see the benefits of internet-based platforms. A “choose one or the other” approach is guaranteed to fail, but an inclusive cross-media campaign has more potential to succeed. In fact, that is the key to almost any campaign. Looking at all your options and choosing advertising spaces, platforms, and times that appeal to a potentially responsive audience. Engaging in both platforms generates brand awareness AND helps you target consumers ready to buy. A combined approach is best for increasing your ROI (Return On Investment).
So is TV and radio advertising obsolete – not at all! Instead, it has evolved. When you are ready to create an effective marketing strategy, contact REAL Moxie LLC. To learn more about your cross-media marketing options, call (816) 348-3739 or click here to schedule your FREE consultation.