Website Design: Is It Time To Update?
The world of website design is ever changing, and it can make or break a consumer’s decision to purchase. The design of your website affects SEO as well as user experience, so if it is outdated, you’re losing potential new customers at the search level as well as sales conversions once they get to your site. REAL Moxie will help you figure out if you need to update your website design, and incorporate cutting edge trends for 2021.
How do you know if your website needs updating?
There are several key indications that your website is outdated. If any of these apply, it’s time for an upgrade, STAT!
- Slow Page Loading: 53% of users will abandon your page if it takes longer than three seconds to load, and Google has explicitly stated that it affects your ranking.
- Not Mobile Friendly: Nearly 60 percent of all online searches are now carried out on a mobile device, with some sectors (Food and Beverage) reaching 72 percent, and Google uses a mobile first index. This means that if your website design doesn’t function perfectly on all mobile devices, you are likely losing business.
- Technical Errors: Missing pages and broken links are frustrating to users, and crawl errors like these are detrimental to SEO.
- Outdated Content: The first thing we think of when we talk about updated content is blogging, and that’s definitely important — a blog with no new posts in months (or years) hurts more than it helps, but the content of your other pages is critical, too. Contact information, references, links, and products or services must all be up to date.
- Bad UX Design: UX means user experience. Annoying pop-ups, super long drop down menus, unnecessarily complicated password requirements, and sprawling site maps that are not intuitive are all examples of bad UX design.
REAL Moxie offers a free, no obligation SEO report that evaluates these factors and many more. We use this information to recommend improvements to your website design, whether you decide to work with us or not.
2021 Website Design Trends
As a business owner, you should know that many of your customers are constantly online and visit dozens of different sites every day. This means that to win them over, you have to visually stand out. The leading trends to add visual appeal for the coming year include:
- Dark Theme
- 3D Elements
- Hand Drawn Elements
- Soft Shadows/Floating Elements
- Blended Graphics and Photos
- Realistic Textures
- Abstract Visualization
- Bold Typography
- Neon Or Inharmonious Color Combinations
- Asymmetrical Layouts
REAL Moxie can help you understand all of these elements and decide which are right for your website updates.
For more information about website design services from REAL Moxie and to request a free consultation, click here or call (816) 348-3769.